The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (CNIL Act) define the principles to be followed when collecting, processing and storing personal data. They also guarantee the rights of those concerned.
Our use of your data: Your name and contact information
- To deliver your orders.
- To send you logistics messages, such as confirming or tracking orders.
- To send you newsletters and offers, but only if you have subscribed. You can opt out of this service at any time.
- We may use your data to ask for your opinion on our website or certain products, but only if you have subscribed, as above. By unsubscribing from newsletters, this service is automatically disabled.
- For fraud prevention.
- To respond to your requests for information.
- For posting ads online.
Your bank/payment details
- We never record payment-related information (card number, PayPal details, etc). To process payments, we use trusted third parties who can verify your information with your bank or card issuer to prevent fraud. It is a two-way protection measure.
Your contact history with us
- To provide you with optimal customer service/support.
Purchase history, favourites, lists, saved and recently viewed items
- To optimise your experience on our site.
- To provide you with customer service and support and manage returns.
- To learn more about what you like and guide our purchasing policy.
They are only collected if you have shared a review of a purchased product. Your opinions provide valuable assistance to our other customers and help grow the community.
The collection of personal data through the Google Analytics audience tracking tool used on the website and landing pages is intended to analyse the behaviour of users on the site to measure their audience and improve their performance.
Google Analytics uses third-party cookies to distinguish users. Cookies are text files installed on the user’s device. They do not contain any personal information, only randomly created identifiers.
By browsing the website, the user expressly agrees that the personal data collected by Google Analytics will be processed for the purpose of analysing the behaviour of Internet users in order to improve the performance of the site and its landing pages.
We do not sell your data under any circumstances. However, we sometimes share it in order to provide you with our services. For example:
- With companies in the VDS group.
- With payment processors, delivery companies and warehouses, so you can make your purchases and we can deliver them.
- With marketing agencies and advertising partners.
- With other service providers such as our support service and impartial feedback collectors.
Responsibility for processing personal data
Personal data is collected on the website by VANDERSCHOOTEN SAS with share capital of €4 787 000 registered with the Trade and Companies Register of DUNKIRK under the number 815301221, headquartered at 660 Rue de l’Epinette, 59850 NIEPPE.
Data retention time
Data collected through forms on the www.vanderschooten.com or www.groupevds.com websites for identified contacts is kept for up to 36 months. At the end of these periods, if there is no activity on the website, all data relating to the person is deleted.
Personal data about you and collected by the www.vanderschooten.com or www.groupevds.com site is intended only for the VDS Group, which owns the brand, and will only be used as part of the stated purpose. Under no circumstances will personal data entered and sent on forms be transmitted, rented or marketed to third parties.
A confidentiality agreement has been established for all employees requiring them to respect the confidentiality of the data or face sanctions.
Place of data storage
The site’s hosting servers are exclusively located in France or Belgium, within the European Union. The VDS Group undertakes to carry out no transfer of personal data to a non-Member State of the European Community.
Personal data security
The site is hosted on secure OVH servers.
Only people linked to the technical, marketing and commercial department of the company VDS Group and its subcontractors have access to the information collected on the website www.vanderschooten.com or www.groupevds.com via personal, unique access.
Your data is stored in OVH’s data storage system and databases. Your data is stored on a secure server on OVH.
Personal data protection delegate
Clément POINTIN is VDS’s Data Protection Delegate (DPD). In particular, he is responsible for ensuring that the company’s activities comply with the new European legal framework of the GDPR and cooperating with the supervisory authority.
You can contact him using the address email@example.com or by post: VDS Group, Data Protection Delegate, 660 Rue de l’Epinette, 59850 Nieppe.
Right of access, correction or deletion of personal data
In accordance with the Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 amended, and the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), you have the right to access, correct and delete personal data about you, which you can exercise by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a letter to VDS Group, Data Protection Delegate, 660 Rue de l’Epinette, 59850 Nieppe.
Newsletters and promotional emails
If you allow it, we will send you newsletters and offers from time to time. For example, if you have an account and placed an order, you will receive coupons or special offers. There are two ways to opt out of this service:
- On our website, by logging in to your account and changing the contact preferences under “Change your contact information”.
- By clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our marketing emails.
However, we will continue to send you logistics emails, such as order confirmation or tracking emails.
We sometimes use online advertisements (banners, product adverts etc) that may be of interest to you. This may involve marketing agencies using tags, pixels or cookies.
The adverts displayed will be informed by your previous searches or use of our site.
You have the right to:
- Ask for your data to be deleted. This means that you will no longer be able to shop on our website.
- Ask for details of the data we hold about you (you have access to most of this data on your account).
- Request an electronic copy of this data.
- Ask for incorrect data to be amended (or change it yourself through your account).
- Ask us to stop sending you newsletters and offers. You can do this via your account or by unsubscribing through our emails.
Our contact details are listed on our contact page, available here.